Links to stuff I read and enjoyed today.
1. Gudbuytjane‘s blog entries are smart, funny and have been a tremendous breath of fresh air. I’ve known her for a long time, and have been dazzled by her writing and very intimidated by her talent for YEARS.
2. Kate Harding‘s look at the new hair aspiration of the moment. The comments worked my last nerve, but the article is on point and I don’t need to tell you that it’s worth a read.
3. Roger Ebert‘s poignant thoughts on “Hoop Dreams” fifteen years later. I remember reading the original review before the internet was well…the internet and kept a copy in my bag for months as an example of the kind of pop culture writing I aspired to.
4. Cupcakes Take the Cake is a daily read of mine and I adore this entry in particular.
5. Young, Fat and Fabulous is a daily stop for fat girl fashion inspiration and all the yummy fashion pictures. Gabi’s rocking a gorgeous black fun fur vest today!